what is Amazon Web Service (AWS)
what is Amazon Web Service (AWS) , AWS needs no formal introduction, given its immense popularity. The leading cloud provider within the marketplace is Amazon Web Services. It provides over 170 AWS services to the developers in order that they can access them from anywhere at the time of need.
AWS has customers in over 190 countries worldwide, including 5000 ed-tech institutions and 2000 government organizations. Many companies like ESPN, Adobe, Twitter, Netflix, Facebook, BBC, etc., use AWS services.
For example, Adobe creates and updates software without depending upon the IT teams. It uses its services by offering multi-terabyte operating environments for its clients. By deploying its services with Amazon services, Adobe integrated and operated its software in a simple manner.
Now, before getting started with what AWS is, allow us to first offer you a quick description of what cloud computing is.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is that the delivery of online services (such as servers, databases, software) to users. With the assistance of cloud computing, storing data on local machines isn’t required. It helps you access data from a foreign server. Moreover, it’s also wont to store and access data from anywhere across the planet.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the subsequent topics:
- what’s AWS?
- History of AWS
- AWS Services
What is AWS?
Amazon web service is a web platform that gives scalable and cost-effective cloud computing solutions.
AWS may be a broadly adopted cloud platform that gives several on-demand operations like compute power, database storage, content delivery, etc., to assist corporates in scale and growth.
History of AWS
- within the year 2002 – AWS services were launched
- within the year 2006- AWS cloud products were launched
- within the year 2012 – AWS had its first customer event
- within the year 2015- AWS achieved $4.6 billion
- within the year 2016- Surpassed the $10 billion revenue target
- within the year 2016- AWS snowball and AWS snowmobile were launched
- within the year 2019- Released approximately 100 cloud services
- Moving forward, we’ll learn more about AWS services.
Amazon has many services for cloud applications. allow us to list down a couple of key services of the AWS ecosystem and a quick description of how developers use them in their business.
Amazon features a list of services:
- Compute service
- Networking and delivery of content
- Security tools
- Developer tools
- Management tools
These services help developers build, deploy, and scale an application within the cloud platform.
- it’s an internet service that permits developers to rent virtual machines and automatically scales the compute capacity when required.
- It offers various instance types to developers in order that they will choose required resources like CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity supported their application requirements.
- it’s a serverless compute service. it’s also liable for executing code for applications.
- It helps you execute a program without the effort of managing servers.
AWS provides web data storage service for archiving data. Also, its primary advantage is disaster data recovery with high durability.
- it’s an open cloud-based storage service that’s utilized for online data backup.
- Amazon S3 provides storage through an internet services interface and is meant for developers where web-scale computing are often easier for them.
This is how the AWS S3 bucket looks:
- It provides a high availability storage volume for persistent data. it’s mainly employed by Amazon EC2 instances.
- EBS volumes are used explicitly for primary storage like file storage, databases storage, and block-level storage.
- AWS database domain service offers cost-efficient, highly secure, and scalable database instances within the cloud.
- it’s a versatile NoSQL database service that gives a fast and reliable performance with no scalability issues.
- it’s a multi-region and sturdy database with instant built-in security, backup, and restores features.
This is how a DynamoDB table looks like:
- it’s a managed distributed electronic database cloud service that helps developers to work and scale a database in a simple manner.
- We launched it to simplify the setup, operation, and scaling process for developers while accessing an electronic database.
- Networking and Delivery of Content
- It offers a highly secure cloud platform and connects your physical network to your private VN with a high transfer speed.
- It helps a developer to deploy AWS resources, like Amazon EC2 instances into a personal virtual cloud.
- It gives you control over the entire cloud network environment, including the section of your IP address range, subnets, route table configuration, and network gateways.
- With this, developers can both IPv4 and IPv6 at a time for your resources during a highly secure environment.
- it’s an internet service with a highly available name System (DNS) that helps users to route software by translating the text into an IP address.
- We launched it for developers to supply them with an economical method of routing end users to cloud applications.
This is how Route 53 looks like:
It helps a user build, deploy, and run an application ASCII text file automatically. It also updates the server and instance on the workload.
It is a service designed to manage application development in a single place. Here, developers can quickly develop, build and deploy applications on AWS
- This removes the effort of managing physical servers and helps developers build and test code with continuous scaling.
- In simple words, it compiles your code, executes unit tests, and provides output artifacts that are able to deploy.
Security, Identity & Compliance
It helps in monitoring a secure environment for your AWS resources by providing limited access to specific users.
- Identity Access Management may be a framework that helps in maintaining access to AWS services in a secure way.
- The service gives you Shared access to your AWS account and Secure access to AWS services that run on the AWS EC2 application.
- It enables users to make and manage the encryption keys that are used for encrypting data.
- The service includes a key generation method where digital sign within your applications becomes easier.
Using this service, a private can optimize costs, minimize risks, and automate all the resources running efficiently on the AWS infrastructure.
- it’s a monitoring tool for AWS resources and customer applications running on the AWS platform.
- The service helps you gather and access all of your operational data within the sort of logs from one interface.
- This service helps you in monitoring all of your AWS resources in one place in order that you’ll spend minimum time managing those resources and maximum time developing applications.
- It allows developers to manage their cloud infrastructure either during a document or a template.
see more about AWS AI